Here's the top clamped up. You can see some nice quilt where I wiped the glue away with a wet rag.
Here's a better shot of the top after the clamps came off.
I was juuuuuuust able to squeek out a cavity cover and headplate from the same blank.
I wanted to play around with the F-hole, so I flipped it the other way. What I was trying to do was continue the theme of the lower horn. The F-hole is actually the exact shape of the horn, just reduced in size.
I'm using my scroll saw to cut the F-hole. I'll clean it up later with some needle files and sandpaper.
A quick autograph inside, just for fun.
Clamps! It takes a lot of clamps to glue the top on. I'm using some spool clamps I made and a few quick release clamps as well.
Its important to clamp all around the outside edge. A gap between the top and the body core woul not be a good thing!
Spool clamps are simple but effective. I made these ones with a baseball bat blank I bought!
After the clamps come off, the slightly oversized top is trimmed flush with the body.